DISMANTLING THE TREE?
This advanced level Level 3 Award in Aerial Tree Rigging will allow the arborist to extend their knowledge and skills with regard to setting up safe systems of work when dismantling trees.
WHAT IS COVERED?
In addition to health and safety aspects, relevant legislation concerning climbing such as LOLER, and visual tree assessments will be covered.
The course covers the use log mass tables to estimate the mass of the mass of the timber to be cut, peak system loads, installation and usage of bollards or port-a-wrap devices as well as dismantling horizontal and vertical sections.
To undertake this Level 3 Award course, you must have successfully passed your NPTC assessments in:
- CS30 or the Level 2 Award in Chainsaw Maintenance and Cross-cutting.
- CS31 or the Level 2 Award in Felling and Processing Trees Up To 380mm.
- CS38 or the Level 2 Award in Tree Climbing and Aerial Rescue.
- CS39 or the Level 3 Award in Aerial Tree Cutting With A Chainsaw.
As you already hold the CS31, or Level 2 Award in Felling And Processing Trees Up To 380mm, why not consider upskilling your ground units to include:
- Level 3 Award in Felling & Processing Trees Over 380mm.
- Level 3 Award in Severing Uprooted or Windblown Trees.
- Level 3 Award in Emergency Treework Operations.
- Level 3 Award in Assisted Felling.
This course typically consists of 3 days of training, followed by 1 day of assessment.
Course code: 0021-09.
£526.00 (includes tuition and assessment fees).